Natural Grocers has announced a nationwide hiring push for almost 500 positions. Hiring "hot-spot" locations include cities such as Dallas, TX, Portland, OR, Denver, CO and the Kansas City area. Natural Grocers currently employs more than 4,000 crew members at its 162 stores, across 20 states. In addition to a long list of benefits and a welcoming culture, the company said it has increased their wages at all locations for select positions to attract candidates to its stores across the United States. Natural Grocers is seeking to fill almost 500 positions nationwide.
"We offer unique benefits and fun perks that attract, engage, develop and retain our wonderful workforce. We've also recently increased our store manager and assistant store manager pay and most department assistants/managers. If you love helping people and have a passion for nutrition and healthy living, you could be the perfect addition to our team," said Erin DeLacy, talent acquisition strategist for Natural Grocers.
As part of the company's Five Founding Principles, Natural Grocers supports its employees by offering:
• Above average pay: Natural Grocers' pay is above federal and state minimum wage levels for all crew and includes:
- Regularly scheduled (annual) pay increases for all crew.
- No pay caps for store crew who wish to stay in their current positions.
• Substantial Crew Discounts: Natural Grocers wants to make sure it's easy for Crew members to afford all the products needed to support their wellbeing by offering its good4u crew discount throughout the store, with up to 30 percent off in certain departments.
• Store Credit: $1.00 per hour store credit dubbed "Vitamin Bucks" promotes additional food security for crew.
• Competitive Benefits: All full-time employees are eligible for a competitive benefits package.
• Nutrition Education: Crew members are provided with monthly free Nutrition Education training and other opportunities to learn and earn rewards.
• Health & Wellness Corners: All crew have daily access to free immune and stress-busting supplements since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Heroes in Aprons Fund: Established in 2021, this fund is a charitable entity providing short-term financial assistance to qualifying crew members or their immediate family members who experience hardships.
• Birthday Pay: Co-founder Margaret Isely celebrated every crew member by taking them out to lunch on their birthday. We've continued this tradition with Birthday Pay—which is given whether the crew member chooses to work or take the time off.
Many career tracks are available within Natural Grocers, the company stated. The company said it prioritizes promoting leaders from within the organization and supports career development through regular training and leadership development opportunities.
For more information, visit www.naturalgrocers.com.