The Natural Products Association (NPA) is currently accepting nominations for the 22nd Annual NPA Awards, the premier honors for the natural products industry, until April 1. The NPA Awards will recognize industry experts and leaders for their accomplishments in science, environmental issues, advocacy, social responsibility, as well as the industry at large.
“For more than two decades, NPA has honored individuals who have made the biggest strides on behalf of natural products and other areas that are so important to our industry. In 2015, we aim to carry on this longstanding tradition of highlighting the work of the best and brightest in these fields,” said NPA CEO Daniel Fabricant, PhD. We ask that all industry members help ensure that NPA will continue to recognize the most innovative, dedicated and passionate individuals in our industry this year.”
All industry stakeholders are encouraged to submit names for any of the awards. They also may nominate themselves for any awards for which they are qualified. Nominations are being accepted for the:
- President’s Award: Presented to an individual or company that has made longtime contributions to the industry.
- Burton Kallman Scientific Award: Presented to an individual for outstanding achievement in science that is related to the natural products industry.
- Rachel Carson Environmental Award: Presented to an individual or company that has made significant contributions to the environmental community.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Typically presented to individuals outside the industry who have served as advocates for the natural products industry in policy and legislation. In some cases, this award has been given to industry pioneers nominated by the NPA president.
- Industry Champion Award: Presented to individuals who have made notable contributions to the industry, above and beyond commercial success.
- Clinician Award: Presented to a licensed healthcare practitioner whose work exemplifies the best standards and dedication to responsible holistic, noninvasive and integrative, complementary, alternative medicine modalities.
- Socially Responsible Retailer Award: Presented to a retail store or stores within the industry that demonstrate key aspects of social responsibility.
For more information, visit www.npainfo.org.