The Natural Products Association (NPA) recognized a bipartisan group of eight members of Congress with its Congressional Champion award. Members were recognized with the award for their commitment to the natural products industry and for educating their colleagues about the important role its products play in contributing to the health of millions of Americans.
“NPA would like to thank its Congressional Champions for their unwavering commitment to protecting consumers’ access to safe and affordable supplements,” said Dan Fabricant, executive director and CEO of NPA. “Not only does our industry promote healthy lifestyles for millions of Americans, it’s also a boon for jobs and economic growth for local economies across the country.”
Recipients of the 2016 Congressional Champion Award are:
· Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
· Senator Martin Heinrich (D-NM)
· Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV)
· Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS)
· Representative Jason Chaffetz (R-UT)
· Representative Frank Pallone (R-NJ)
· Representative Erik Paulsen (R-MN)
· Representative Jared Polis (D-CO)
For more information, visit www.npainfo.org.