Natural grocers may be interested in offering their customers recipe suggestions for green smoothies. The recipe below is perfect for those new to green supplements. But first are a few suggestions for making the best smoothie.
1. Stick to 60 percent fruits, 40 percent vegetables, to improve taste.
2. Blend in stages to avoid leafy chunks.
3. Use raw natural sweeteners.
4. Make smoothies ahead of time for the perfect “fast food.”
Kale and Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1-2 kale leaves
- 1 banana
- 1-2 cups of almond milk
- 4 ice cubes
- 3-4 frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon of a green supplement powder
Blend the first three ingredients, add the remaining ingredients, blend until smooth, then enjoy.