NOW Foods – 2014
244 Knollwood Dr.
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Phone: (630) 545-9098, (888) 669-3663
Fax: (630) 790-8019
Providing Value Products & Services
NOW Foods, founded in 1968 by Elwood Richard, has grown to become one of the industry’s largest manufacturers. NOW is still owned and run by the Richard family, who ensure the company fulfills its original mission: to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives. Elwood Richard’s core belief that high-quality health products should not be a luxury available only to the wealthy still shapes the company’s policies today.
People ask how NOW can produce quality products at such reasonable prices, and the answer is surprisingly simple: commitment. Every phase of the manufacturing process, from the purchase and delivery of raw materials, to the packaging and shipping of products, follows strict procedures overseen by an educated, experienced team of experts. NOW’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Illinois and Nevada feature complete quality assurance and quality control systems and processes, and both locations are GMP (good manufacturing practices) certified and “A-rated” by Natural Products Association (NPA).
Thorough testing and meticulous quality assurance ensures that NOW products are screened for contaminants and adulterants, labeled accurately and of the highest possible quality.
NOW’s product categories include dietary supplements, herbs, personal care, natural foods and an array of natural sweeteners. According to SPINS data, NOW is the No.1 selling amino acid brand in the health food channel, and NOW Solutions is No.1 in the Body & Massage Oils category and No. 2 in the Essential Oils category.NOW has won numerous product and company awards from magazines and industry associations.
With more than 1,400 products in its catalog including dietary supplements, personal care products, sports nutrition products and natural foods, NOW is uniquely positioned to meet the comprehensive wellness needs of healthconscious consumers. Product categories include:
• Vitamin & Minerals, Amino Acids and Antioxidants
• Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Immune, Digestive Support Supplements
• Super Green Foods, Fiber and Herb
• Joint, Mobility and Structural Support
• Men’s and Women’s Specialty Supplements
• Sports Nutrition, Weight Management and Protein
• Personal Care, Essential Oils and Anti- Aging Skincare
• Mental Fitness and Neural Support
• Omega-3, Nutritional Oils and EFAs
• Natural Foods, Allergy-Friendly and Gluten-Free Foods, and Teas
• Natural Sweeteners including Sugarless Sugar™ and BetterStevia™, a proprietary whole leaf stevia extract in powders and liquids
NOW Foods is proud to support the independent health food retailer, and is absolutely dedicated to the success and growth of natural product stores. The company has tailored many aspects of its business model to serve the needs of those retailers, providing them with a diverse selection of sales tools, including retail and consumer catalogs, banners and displays, window signs, shelf talkers and informative literature for retailers and consumers.
One of NOW’s newest resources is the Online Retailer Portal where retailers have one convenient location to place orders, view order history, and download digital product images, labels and marketing collateral. Retailers can also take advantage of the NOW Product-ology online training program. NOW is also one of the very few natural supplement companies to offer free technical support from certified nutritionists.
NOW Foods started out as a food company, and after achieving the goal of becoming the biggest line of supplements in independent health food stores, there is a renewed emphasis on the “Foods” in the company name:
• Living Now™, a new allergy-friendly and gluten-free line of grains, flours and baking mixes excludes eight major allergens (dairy, wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, fish and shellfish). Made in a dedicated gluten-free, allergy-friendly facility, products are currently on shelves and more products will continue to be introduced.
• Ellyndale Foods, scheduled to launch in the summer of this year, is a line of gourmet natural and organic foods using premium ingredients to create unique and innovative flavors and offerings for a superior taste experience.
• As of January 1, 2014, all NOW Foods BetterStevia, NOW Real Food, NOW Real Tea and Living Now food products are produced free of GMO (genetically modified organism) ingredients.
• Jim Emme, CEO
• Ron Pillsbury, Chief Operations Officer
• Dr. Michael Lelah, Technical Director
• Dan Richard, General Sales Manager